Temple defeats Kent State 73-58
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Dionte Christmas scored 26 points and Craig Williams added 16 in his first start as Temple defeated Kent State 73-58 Monday night.
Williams, a 6-9 sophomore who had scored six points this season, shot 5-for-9 from the field, including 3-for-6 from 3-point range.
Tyree Evans scored 17 points and Al Fisher 13 for Kent State (7-7), which hit on 21 of 64 shots.
Temple (6-6) led 45-31 with 14:25 left before the Golden Flashes rallied to within 52-45 after consecutive 3-pointers by Evans.
The Owls then rattled off eight straight points, five by Christmas, to lead 60-45. Temple took its biggest lead, 68-52, with 4:12 remaining.
Temple made 24 of 52 shots, and went 17-for-19 from the line.
Kent State converted 12 of 21 shots from the line.
- Jimmer Fredette’s awesome Sports Illustrated cover
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin