South Carolina beats Wofford 78-61
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)—Devan Downey scored 17 points to lead South Carolina in a 78-61 win against Wofford on Monday night.
Brandis Raley-Ross added 14 points and Mike Holmes and Austin Steed chipped in with 10 apiece for the Gamecocks (11-2), who won their last non-conference game before beginning Southeastern Conference play against Auburn on Jan. 10.
Noah Dahlamn, with 18 points, was the only player to score in double figures for the Terriers (4-6).
The Gamecocks shot 50 percent from the field (30 of 60) in the game compared to 43.5 percent (20 of 46) for the Terriers.
South Carolina closed the first half on a 17-4 run on the strength of seven points from Zam Fredrick. The senior scored his final points on a 3-pointer from the right wing to put him over the 1,000-point plateau for his career.
- South Carolina beats Wofford 78-61
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested,' and 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare