North Carolina A&T defeats Tenn. Wesleyan 84-47
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Robert Johnson, who was 9-of-10 shooting, scored 21 points and North Carolina A&T defeated Tennessee Wesleyan 84-47 on Monday night.
North Carolina A&T (6-8) was 19 of 33 from the field in the opening half, while the Bulldogs (5-6) shot poorly throughout the game. Tennessee Wesleyan shot 27.9 percent from the field (19 of 68), including a 1-for-13 performance from leading scorer Jesse Booher (12.75 points per game).
The Aggies, who had 30 fast-break points, scored 29 points off of 16 Bulldogs’ turnovers.
North Carolina A&T outrebounded the Bulldogs 50-36 as Nicholas Wilson led the way for the Aggies with 10.
Tavarus Alston scored 15 points, Ed Jones and Nic Simpson added 10 apiece and Thomas Coleman had six blocks for the Aggies.
Reggie Jackson and Wes Suiter paced Tennessee Wesleyan with eight points each.
- North Carolina A&T defeats Tenn. Wesleyan 84-47
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown