Niagara beats Loyola, Md., 82-70
LEWISTON, N.Y. (AP)—Rob Garrison scored 18 points to lead Niagara past Loyola, Md., 82-70 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play Monday night.
Six players reached double figures for Niagara (12-3, 3-0 MAAC) which had all five starters in double figures for the first time this season. Bilal Benn had 14 points. Anthony Nelson added 13 while Benson Egemonye posted 12. Tyrone Lewis and Demetrius Williamson each had 11.
Trailing 39-36 at halftime, the Purple Eagles took control of the game with a 14-2 run to start the second half.
During the run, Niagara went 9-9 from the free throw line.
A field goal by Jamal Barney brought Loyola (5-10, 1-3 MAAC) within three at 59-56 with 12:25 remaining.
Niagara countered with a 13-3 run to put the game away, holding the Greyhounds without a basket for over 10 minutes.
Barney finished with 20 points for Loyola. Brett Harvey had 13 and Brian Rudolph 12.
- Digger Phelps wants to paint his tielighter gold
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Brey: Notre Dame not intimidated by No. 2 North Carolina
- With Krzyzewski back, Duke looks to return to being Duke
- Florida State G Dwayne Bacon regains confidence after slump
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72