Mississippi St. routs W. Kentucky 95-67
STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP)—Ravern Johnson had a career-high 26 points to lead Mississippi State to a 95-67 victory over Western Kentucky on Monday night.
The Bulldogs (10-5) hit 14 3-pointers, including six by Johnson, to tie a school record.
Mississippi State led 47-25 at the half thanks to an early 17-0 run and finished a season-high 35-for-53 from the field. The Bulldogs also hit 11 of 12 free throws.
Western Kentucky (9-5) shot 41.6 percent (28 of 67) from the field and had 11 turnovers. The Hilltoppers never overcame their 11-of-31 shooting in the first half.
Johnson was 9-for-10 for the Bulldogs and Dee Bost and Barry Stewart added 18 points each.
Jeremy Evans had 19 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Hilltoppers. A.J. Slaughter added 18 points and hit four 3-pointers and Steffphon Pettigrew chipped in 13 points and four rebounds.
- Mississippi St. routs W. Kentucky 95-67
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look