Mundweiler’s 18 leads Wagner past FDU
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Joey Mundweiler scored 18 points and Wagner pulled away in the final two minutes to defeat Fairleigh Dickinson 78-69 Monday night.
Justin Drummond added 17 points for the Seahawks (9-4, 2-1 Northeast Conference) and Jamal Smith scored 16.
Fairleigh Dickinson’s (2-11, 2-2) Cameron Tyler led all scorers with 20 points.
Wagner led 66-64 after FDU’s Sean Baptiste made two free throws with 2:31 remaining. The Seahawks then scored 12 of the game’s final 17 points.
Wagner made nine of 19 3-point attempts. Mundweiler was 4-for-7 from behind the arc.
Alvin Mofunanya added 18 points for FDU.
- Mundweiler's 18 leads Wagner past FDU
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four