Towson defeats Delaware 62-61
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Troy Franklin banked in a shot with 2.1 seconds left to play to give Towson a 62-61 victory over Delaware on Monday night.
The Tigers (7-8, 2-1 Colonial Athletic Association), who trailed by as many as nine points, outscored the Blue Hens 12-5 over the last 5:12.
Junior Hairston, who didn’t start and was questionable to play because of illness, scored a team-high 17 points for the Tigers.
Delaware (7-8, 1-2), which had won five of its last six games, took a 61-60 lead on a drive by Jawan Carter with 14 seconds remaining.
Towson took its first lead since the opening eight minutes on a baseline jumper by Jarrel Smith for a 57-56 advantage with 1:55 remaining in the contest.
Dawson scored 15 points to pace the Hens, Jim Ledsome had 14 points, and Marc Egerson added 13 points and 17 rebounds.
- Towson defeats Delaware 62-61
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look