Manhattan takes Canisius 59-57
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Darryl Crawford’s jumper with 0:05 left gave Manhattan a 59-57 win over Canisius Monday.
Devon Austin led the Jaspers with 13 points while Andrew Gabriel had 11 points and 12 rebounds as Manhattan (8-6, 2-2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) snapped a three-game losing streak.
Crawford, who scored just four points, turned in the game’s most crucial plays; tying the game at 57-57 with 0:43 left after stealing the ball from Julius Coles, driving nearly the length of the court for the lay-up.
Crawford drove the lane on the winning bucket as he wound through a slew of Canisius defenders and floated a five-footer for the game-winning points.
Frank Turner led Canisius(5-9, 0-4 MAAC) with 18 points while Coles had 11 points and 4 rebounds.
Manhattan shot just 33 percent—20 of 60—from the field and 15 of 28 from the foul line.
Canisius was 23 of 54 from the floor and 7 for 12 from the line.
- Manhattan takes Canisius 59-57
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four