Manhattan takes Canisius 59-57
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Darryl Crawford’s jumper with 0:05 left gave Manhattan a 59-57 win over Canisius Monday.
Devon Austin led the Jaspers with 13 points while Andrew Gabriel had 11 points and 12 rebounds as Manhattan (8-6, 2-2 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) snapped a three-game losing streak.
Crawford, who scored just four points, turned in the game’s most crucial plays; tying the game at 57-57 with 0:43 left after stealing the ball from Julius Coles, driving nearly the length of the court for the lay-up.
Crawford drove the lane on the winning bucket as he wound through a slew of Canisius defenders and floated a five-footer for the game-winning points.
Frank Turner led Canisius(5-9, 0-4 MAAC) with 18 points while Coles had 11 points and 4 rebounds.
Manhattan shot just 33 percent—20 of 60—from the field and 15 of 28 from the foul line.
Canisius was 23 of 54 from the floor and 7 for 12 from the line.
- Eric Cartman: “Stu-dent-ath-o-leets. Oh, that is brilliant sir.”
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne