Drake downs S. Ill. 67-60
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Craig Stanley had 22 points and Josh Young added 14 points to lead Drake to a 67-60 victory over Southern Illinois on Sunday.
Drake (11-4, 2-1 Missouri Valley) led by five points going into half time and held on to outscore Southern Illinois (5-9, 0-3 Missouri Valley) 31-29 in the second period. Both teams saw their shooting fall off in the second half of the game.
Jonathan Cox had ten points and 11 rebounds to earn a double-double for Drake. Josh Parker came off the bench to score 12 points.
Kevin Dillard led Southern Illinois with 22 points, including three 3-pointers, while Carlton Fay had ten points.
Southern Illinois shooting went from 42.9 percent in the first half to 30.8 percent in the second. Drake fell from 48.3 percent in the first to 23.5 percent in the second.
The Salukis remain winless in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- The Dagger Analyst Previews: 'Jay Bilas' on the Big 12
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case