Eastern Washington beats Sac State, 87-74
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)—Junior guard Benny Valentine came off the bench to score 33 points in Eastern Washington’s 87-74 victory over Sacramento State on Sunday.
Adris DeLeon had 17 points and Milan Stanojevic added 12 more for the Eastern Washington Eagles (8-7, 2-1 Big Sky), who made 9-of-20 three-pointers. Valentine also had four treys, four assists and three steals for the Eagles.
Loren Leath’s 26 points led the Sacramento State Hornets (1-14, 0-2 Big Sky), who lost their ninth straight.
DeLeon scored his 13th point to give the Eagles their biggest lead at 42-27 with 2:10 left to play in the first half. Valentine’s 16 points led the Eagles to a 46-34 halftime lead.
The Hornets cut the lead to 10 points early in the second half, but the Eagles came back to build an 18-point lead and never looked back.
- Eastern Washington beats Sac State, 87-74
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina lawmakers agree to repeal HB2 right before NCAA deadline, but new bill isn't full reversal
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook