Wagner beats St. Francis, NY 80-78
NEW YORK (AP)—Llew Radford scored 23 points, including the go-ahead layup with 39 seconds to play, and had 14 rebounds as Wagner beat St. Francis, N.Y. 80-78 on Saturday night.
Joey Mundweiler scored eight of his 17 points in a 51-second span late in the game for the Seahawks (8-4, 1-1 Northeast Conference).
Mundweiler’s fourth 3-pointer of the game gave Wagner a 77-76 lead with 1:40 to go. John Gooden made two free throws 31 seconds later to give the visiting Terriers (3-10, 1-2) a 78-77 lead. After Radford gave Wagner the lead, St. Francis turned the ball over and Chris Martin made one free throw for an 80-78 lead with 27 seconds left.
The Terriers got off three shots in the final 11 seconds, 3-point attempts by Stefan Perunicic and Ricky Cadell and one down low by Gooden.
Gooden had 19 points for the Terriers while Perunicic and Cadell added 14 each.
- Wagner beats St. Francis, NY 80-78
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?