Roberts, Bradley hold off Missouri St. 63-57
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Chris Roberts scored 14 second-half points to help Bradley University survive a Missouri State rally for a 63-57 win Saturday.
Roberts, who finished with 22 points, scored a critical 3-pointer with 3:59 left to tie the game at 54 after Missouri State (7-7, 0-3 Missouri Valley) rallied from a 16-point first-half deficit to take the lead at 54-51 on two free throws by Wade Knapp with 6:02 left.
Bradley (9-5, 3-0) held Missouri State to one field goal over the last 8:12, a 3-pointer by Kyle Weems with 1:58 that gave the Bears a 57-56 lead. Missouri State did not score again.
Theron Wilson added 12 points for Bradley.
Spencer Laurie and Will Creekmore each had 17 points for Missouri State.
- Video: Two blown layups cost Xavier women a Final Four berth
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington