Middle Tennessee beats South Alabama 82-67
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Demetrius Green scored 18 points to lead four Middle Tennessee players in double figures in an 82-67 win against South Alabama on Saturday night.
Desmond Yates added 17 points, Kevin Kanaskie had 16 and Mantarrio Haddock chipped in with 13 for the Blue Raiders (9-5, 3-0 Sun Belt Conference).
Domonic Tilford led the Jaguars (9-6, 2-2) with 18 points, DeAndre Coleman had 13 and Brandon Davis added 11.
The Blue Raiders went 26 of 29 from the free-throw line (89.7 percent), while the Jaguars hit 18 of 26 (69.2 percent) from the foul line.
Middle Tennessee has won five straight games, and is tied with Western Kentucky atop the Sun Belt standings. The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the Jaguars. The Blue Raiders’ win tied the all-time series between the teams at 10 wins apiece.
- Middle Tennessee beats South Alabama 82-67
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done