Tillman’s big day leads Ohio past Bucknell, 85-67
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Jerome Tillman scored a career-high 28 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to lead Ohio past Bucknell 85-67 on Saturday.
Steven Coleman added 17 points, Justin Orr had 10 and Michael Allen chipped in with nine assists for the Bobcats (7-6), who had season highs in points, rebounds (41), assists (21), 3-point field goals (10) and field goals (31).
Justin Castleberry led Bucknell (3-10) with 17 points, followed by G.W. Boon with 12 and Bryan Cohen with 10.
Tillman’s layup at the 11:07 mark of the first half gave Ohio the lead for good, starting a 7-0 run that also included a 3-pointer from Coleman and a jumper by Kenneth Van Kempen.
Ahead 37-31 at the half, the Bobcats scored 12 of the first 15 points in the second half and led by as many as 20 points.
Tillman hit 10-of-16 shots from the field and all eight free throws.
- Tillman's big day leads Ohio past Bucknell, 85-67
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0