N. Iowa beats Wichita St. 78-54
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Ali Farokhmanesh had five 3-pointers and 17 points, and Northern Iowa pulled away in the second half Saturday to beat Wichita State 78-54 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
The Panthers (8-6, 2-1 MVC) made 11 of 18 3-pointers, eight of those in the second half as they extended a 28-26 halftime lead. UNI scored the last nine points of the first half, then outscored the Shockers (6-8, 0-3) 50-28 in the second half.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe had three 3-pointers and 13 points and Johnny Moran added 10 points for the Panthers.
Clevin Hannah was the only player in double figures for WSU, finishing with 14 points and four 3-pointers.
The Shockers had 21 turnovers, leading to 20 Northern Iowa points.
- George Mason’s Green Machine continues to break the mold
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina