N. Iowa beats Wichita St. 78-54
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Ali Farokhmanesh had five 3-pointers and 17 points, and Northern Iowa pulled away in the second half Saturday to beat Wichita State 78-54 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
The Panthers (8-6, 2-1 MVC) made 11 of 18 3-pointers, eight of those in the second half as they extended a 28-26 halftime lead. UNI scored the last nine points of the first half, then outscored the Shockers (6-8, 0-3) 50-28 in the second half.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe had three 3-pointers and 13 points and Johnny Moran added 10 points for the Panthers.
Clevin Hannah was the only player in double figures for WSU, finishing with 14 points and four 3-pointers.
The Shockers had 21 turnovers, leading to 20 Northern Iowa points.
- Stanley Pringle, library masturbator, re-enters the public spotlight
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch