N. Iowa beats Wichita St. 78-54
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Ali Farokhmanesh had five 3-pointers and 17 points, and Northern Iowa pulled away in the second half Saturday to beat Wichita State 78-54 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
The Panthers (8-6, 2-1 MVC) made 11 of 18 3-pointers, eight of those in the second half as they extended a 28-26 halftime lead. UNI scored the last nine points of the first half, then outscored the Shockers (6-8, 0-3) 50-28 in the second half.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe had three 3-pointers and 13 points and Johnny Moran added 10 points for the Panthers.
Clevin Hannah was the only player in double figures for WSU, finishing with 14 points and four 3-pointers.
The Shockers had 21 turnovers, leading to 20 Northern Iowa points.
- N.C. State debuts new jerseys on Twitter to near-universal scorn
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims