Janning leads NU over William & Mary, 60-44
BOSTON (AP)—Matt Janning scored 22 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead Northeastern past William & Mary on Saturday, 60-44.
Manny Adako added 13 points and Chaisson Allen finished with 12 points and eight rebounds for Northeastern.
William & Mary’s Danny Sumner scored nine of his team-high 14 points from the free throw line. Quinn McDowell added 12 points and four rebounds.
Northeastern (7-5, 2-0 Colonial Athletic Association) shot 52 percent from the floor in the second half as it built on a 30-22 halftime lead.
William & Mary (5-7, 0-2) pulled to within 34-30 on a McDowell layup early in the second half, but the Tribe never got closer than four points the rest of the way.
William & Mary started the game with a 7-2 run, but Northeastern scored 16 straight—the final 12 from Janning—and led 18-7 with 12 minutes left in the first half.
- Janning leads NU over William & Mary, 60-44
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four