Janning leads NU over William & Mary, 60-44
BOSTON (AP)—Matt Janning scored 22 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead Northeastern past William & Mary on Saturday, 60-44.
Manny Adako added 13 points and Chaisson Allen finished with 12 points and eight rebounds for Northeastern.
William & Mary’s Danny Sumner scored nine of his team-high 14 points from the free throw line. Quinn McDowell added 12 points and four rebounds.
Northeastern (7-5, 2-0 Colonial Athletic Association) shot 52 percent from the floor in the second half as it built on a 30-22 halftime lead.
William & Mary (5-7, 0-2) pulled to within 34-30 on a McDowell layup early in the second half, but the Tribe never got closer than four points the rest of the way.
William & Mary started the game with a 7-2 run, but Northeastern scored 16 straight—the final 12 from Janning—and led 18-7 with 12 minutes left in the first half.
- An NBA scout’s take on eight of the top undecided draft prospects
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne