Louisiana-Monroe rolls past Union (Ky.) 97-43
MONROE, La. (AP)—Dynile Forbes scored a career-high 27 points to lead Louisiana-Monroe to a 97-43 victory over Union College of Kentucky on Saturday.
Forbes, a junior guard, was 7 of 8 from the field and hit four of his five 3-point attempts as the Warhawks (5-9) improved to 5-1 at home this season.
Louisiana-Monroe dominated Union (7-8), shooting 63.8 percent from the field (37 of 58) and outrebounding the Bulldogs 43-20.
The Warhawks shot 71 percent from the floor and went 6-for-10 from the 3-point line in the first half to take a 53-20 lead into halftime.
Rudy Turner had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Mitchell Hampton added 11 points and 11 rebounds for Louisiana-Monroe. Malcolm Thomas scored 18 points and Jarvis Hill added 13 points for the Warhawks.
James Johnson led Union, a NAIA program, with 15 points.
- Louisiana-Monroe rolls past Union (Ky.) 97-43
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark