LIU beats Central Connecticut State 57-44
NEW YORK (AP)—Jaytornah Wisseh scored 16 points, six in Long Island University’s game-ending 14-3 run, and the Blackbirds beat Central Connecticut State 57-44 on Saturday.
Kyle Johnson added 11 points for Long Island (5-7, 2-1 Northeast Conference), while Michael Culpo had 10.
Robby Ptacek had 15 points for the Blue Devils (5-7, 1-1) and Aaron Hall added 10.
The Blackbirds, after missing their first 10 3-point attempts of the game, took the lead for good at 29-28 on Culpo’s 3 with 14:24 left.
After Ptacek’s two free throws got Central Connecticut within 43-41 with 6:15 to go, Wisseh, who had eight rebounds, took charge down the stretch.
The Blackbirds finished 2-for-15 from 3-point range, while the Blue Devils were 4-of-20 with Ptacek going 3-for-8.
- LIU beats Central Connecticut State 57-44
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark