LIU beats Central Connecticut State 57-44
NEW YORK (AP)—Jaytornah Wisseh scored 16 points, six in Long Island University’s game-ending 14-3 run, and the Blackbirds beat Central Connecticut State 57-44 on Saturday.
Kyle Johnson added 11 points for Long Island (5-7, 2-1 Northeast Conference), while Michael Culpo had 10.
Robby Ptacek had 15 points for the Blue Devils (5-7, 1-1) and Aaron Hall added 10.
The Blackbirds, after missing their first 10 3-point attempts of the game, took the lead for good at 29-28 on Culpo’s 3 with 14:24 left.
After Ptacek’s two free throws got Central Connecticut within 43-41 with 6:15 to go, Wisseh, who had eight rebounds, took charge down the stretch.
The Blackbirds finished 2-for-15 from 3-point range, while the Blue Devils were 4-of-20 with Ptacek going 3-for-8.
- LIU beats Central Connecticut State 57-44
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin