Eastern Illinois tops Jacksonville State 78-69
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—Tyler Laser scored 22 points to lead Eastern Illinois to a 78-69 win over Jacksonville State on Saturday night.
Laser shot 5-for-10 from the floor, including 3-for-5 from 3-point range. The Panthers (5-8, 2-1 Ohio Valley Conference) also received a boost from Billy Parrish and T.J. Marion, who scored 15 apiece. Romain Martin and Ousmane Cisse each scored 12.
Jeremy Bynum led the Gamecocks (7-4, 1-1 Ohio Valley) with 15 points. Jonathan Toles finished with 14 points and six assists. DeAndre Bray contributed 11 assists.
The Panthers shot 51 percent from the field (25-for-49), and 85.2 percent from the free-throw line (23-for-27).
Jacksonville State shot 40 percent (24-for-60), and only 58.8 percent from the free-throw line (10-for-17).
The Panthers outrebouded the Gamecocks 37-25.
- Eastern Illinois tops Jacksonville State 78-69
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four