Drexel hangs on to beat Hofstra, 63-56
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Scott Rodgers scored 25 points, Jamie Harris added 14 and Drexel beat Hofstra 63-56 on Saturday.
Drexel (5-6, 1-1) led by 13 points late in the second half before Hofstra closed within 56-51 on a 3-pointer by Cornelius Vines with 1:15 left. Rodgers answered with a jumper late in the shot clock, and Harris hit two free throws moments later to seal it.
Vines scored all 14 of his points in the second half for Hofstra (9-4, 1-1). Dane Johnson added his fourth career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds and Charlie Jenkins scored all 10 of his points in the second half.
Hofstra shot 24 percent from the field in the first half, putting the Pride in a big early hole.
- Greg Anthony is the visual personification of March Madness
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs