Drexel hangs on to beat Hofstra, 63-56
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Scott Rodgers scored 25 points, Jamie Harris added 14 and Drexel beat Hofstra 63-56 on Saturday.
Drexel (5-6, 1-1) led by 13 points late in the second half before Hofstra closed within 56-51 on a 3-pointer by Cornelius Vines with 1:15 left. Rodgers answered with a jumper late in the shot clock, and Harris hit two free throws moments later to seal it.
Vines scored all 14 of his points in the second half for Hofstra (9-4, 1-1). Dane Johnson added his fourth career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds and Charlie Jenkins scored all 10 of his points in the second half.
Hofstra shot 24 percent from the field in the first half, putting the Pride in a big early hole.
- Drexel hangs on to beat Hofstra, 63-56
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?