Florida St. beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 69-48
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Toney Douglas scored 17 points and Derwin Kitchen added 13 as Florida State beat Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 69-48 on Saturday.
The Seminoles (13-2) closed the game by outscoring the Islanders 29-14 over the final 11 minutes. Florida State opened the door for the comeback by missing 13 of its first 15 shots in the second, but the Seminoles were 12 of 18 from the floor in their decisive run.
The game-clinching run came after the Islanders (6-8) cut a 12-point halftime deficit to 40-34 on Kevin Palmer’s jumper with 11:15 remaining.
Palmer led all scorers with 21 points. Demond Watt added 10 points for the Islanders.
The Islanders, who upset Florida State 70-67 in 2004, had 21 turnovers. The Seminoles converted those miscues into 21 points, including a 20-4 advantage in fast break points.
- Panthers knock off No. 1 Kansas 69-67
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare