Baptiste scores 37 as FDU beats Quinnipiac 72-68
HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP)—Sean Baptiste scored 37 points and pulled down eight rebounds as Fairleigh Dickinson held off Quinnipiac for a 72-68 win on Saturday night.
Cameron Tyler added 21 points and nine assists for the Knights (2-10, 2-1 Northeast Conference). Justin Rutty had 25 points and 10 rebounds for the Bobcats (6-7, 2-1), while James Feldeine and James Johnson both finished with 12 points and four assists.
The teams traded baskets for most of the first half, with Quinnipiac leading 44-40 at the break. FDU then took command when it opened the second half with an 18-4 run that included 12 points by Baptiste.
Quinnipiac, though, fought back and eventually cut the lead to 67-66 when Feldeine hit two free throws with 1:13 left in the game. But the Bobcats missed their next two shots and the Knights made five free throws in the final 19 seconds to seal the win.
- Baptiste scores 37 as FDU beats Quinnipiac 72-68
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals