Bullock’s 12 leads Cleveland St past Detroit 53-44
DETROIT (AP)—J’Nathan Bullock scored 12 points and Cleveland State held on for a 53-44 win over Detroit on Saturday.
Trey Harmon added 10 for the Vikings (11-5, 2-2 Horizon League), who won their fourth straight.
Woody Payne and Nemanja Jokic each had 10 for Detroit (4-9, 0-4).
Down 10, the Titans went on an eight-point run capped by Michael Harrington’s layup to pull to within 42-40 with 5:14 remaining. But Harmon countered 34 seconds later with a 3-pointer.
Cleveland State led 34-20 at halftime. The Vikings scored the final six points of the half on Chris Moore’s free throw with 1:50 left, Cedric Jackson’s layup with 1:28 remaining and Jackson’s 3-pointer with 35 seconds left.
- Bullock's 12 leads Cleveland St past Detroit 53-44
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense