Coastal Carolina beats High Point 82-69
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Steven Sexton scored 22 points and Coastal Carolina defeated High Point 82-69 on Saturday.
Sexton shot 6-for-12 from the field, including 4-for-9 from 3-point range for Coastal Carolina (7-7, 1-1 Big South Conference). Joseph Harris had 17 points and 12 rebounds, while Mario Sisinni added 16 points.
The Chanticleers used a 22-5 run over the final 6:12 minutes of the first half to take a 50-26 halftime lead.
The Panthers (4-9, 0-3) were paced by Steadman Short, who finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds. Cruz Daniels chipped in with 15 points and six rebounds.
Coastal Carolina shot 58.1 percent from the field (25-for-43), and shot 52.9 percent from 3-point range (9-for-17).
High Point shot 36.1 percent (22-for-61), and only 20 percent from 3-point range (5-for-25).
The Chanticleers scored 18 points off the Panthers’ 19 turnovers.
- Coastal Carolina beats High Point 82-69
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0