Coastal Carolina beats High Point 82-69
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Steven Sexton scored 22 points and Coastal Carolina defeated High Point 82-69 on Saturday.
Sexton shot 6-for-12 from the field, including 4-for-9 from 3-point range for Coastal Carolina (7-7, 1-1 Big South Conference). Joseph Harris had 17 points and 12 rebounds, while Mario Sisinni added 16 points.
The Chanticleers used a 22-5 run over the final 6:12 minutes of the first half to take a 50-26 halftime lead.
The Panthers (4-9, 0-3) were paced by Steadman Short, who finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds. Cruz Daniels chipped in with 15 points and six rebounds.
Coastal Carolina shot 58.1 percent from the field (25-for-43), and shot 52.9 percent from 3-point range (9-for-17).
High Point shot 36.1 percent (22-for-61), and only 20 percent from 3-point range (5-for-25).
The Chanticleers scored 18 points off the Panthers’ 19 turnovers.
- Stanley Pringle, library masturbator, re-enters the public spotlight
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the west returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch