N.C.-Asheville 76, Charleston Southern 65
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Reid Augst scored 24 points and North Carolina-Asheville defeated Charleston Southern 76-65 on Saturday night.
Augst went 8-of-11 shooting and 8 of 10 from the free-throw line.
The Bulldogs (6-8, 2-1 Big South Conference) led by as many as 14 points with 9:51 left in the game. Charleston Southern (5-7, 1-1) brought the deficit to 59-56 with 59 seconds to play on a Tovi Bailey layup, but wasn’t able to pull any closer.
J.P. Primm and Augst hit two free throws each to pull the Bulldogs away.
Primm added 18 points, John Williams scored 12 and Eric Stubbs had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs.
Jamarco Warren scored 19 points for the Buccaneers. Bailey added 15 and Giedrius Knysas tallied 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- N.C.-Asheville 76, Charleston Southern 65
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four