Arkansas State beats New Orleans 71-56
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP)—Donald Boone scored 20 points, and Arkansas State held New Orleans without a field goal for over 12 minutes in a 71-56 win Saturday night.
The Red Wolves (10-4, 2-1 Sun Belt) didn’t allow a field goal for the final 10:04 of the first half and the first 2:08 of the second.
Kyndall Dykes and T.J. Worley scored 15 points each for New Orleans (6-8, 2-2).
New Orleans led by nine in the first half before its extended offensive slump. Arkansas State was ahead 25-24 at the half, then steadily built its lead in the second.
The Red Wolves only missed seven shots of any kind in the second half, going 10-of-13 from the field and 23-of-27 from the free throw line.
- Arkansas State beats New Orleans 71-56
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?