Prairie View defeats Alcorn State 78-55
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Derek Johnson scored 22 points and Prairie View A&M defeated Alcorn State 78-55 in the Southwestern Athletic Conference opener for both teams on Saturday night.
Prairie View (4-9) shot 49.2 percent (30 of 61) from the field, including 50 percent (11 of 22) in the second half.
Dorian McDaniel scored 17 points and was 3 of 5 from 3-point range for the Panthers. Michael Griffin added five steals and Christopher Jones grabbed nine rebounds for Prairie View A&M.
Alcorn State (2-11), which committed 18 turnovers, shot 33.3 perdcent from the field (19 of 57).
The Braves were led by Jonathan Boyd with 14 points, Darius Hobson with 11 and Jarvis Williams with 10.
- Prairie View defeats Alcorn State 78-55
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina