Alabama State knocks off Jackson State 66-60
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Brooks scored 14 points and had 11 assists to lead Alabama State to a 66-60 victory over Jackson State on Saturday night.
Brooks also grabbed seven rebounds for the Hornets (4-7, 1-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference). It was the 13th consecutive road game for Jackson State (1-12, 0-1), which has lost seven straight games.
Menji Mundadi hit a 3-pointer to give the Hornets a 63-57 advantage with 1:37 remaining.
Brooks closed out the scoring for Alabama State with three free throws.
Mundadi added 17 points and Chief Kickingstallionsims scored 12 points for the Hornets.
Darrion Griffin, who was 8-for-8 from the free throw line, led Jackson State with 20 points. Grant Maxey added 17 points and Jeremy Caldwell added 13 points.
- Alabama State knocks off Jackson State 66-60
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2