Alabama knocks off Georgia Tech 88-77
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP)—Playing like he did during his all-conference season three years ago, Ronald Steele scored 23 points and had 10 assists to lead Alabama to an 88-77 victory over Georgia Tech on Saturday.
Alabama (10-3) used the fast break to jump out to a 19-point halftime lead and led by as many as 30, before the Yellow Jackets (8-5) used a full-court press to rally in the final 10 minutes.
Steele was 5 of 8 from behind the 3-point line and used his speed to spark fast breaks, particularly in the first half.
Senario Hillman scored 18 points for Alabama, while Alonzo Gee had 15 points and 18 rebounds. JaMychal Green had 12 points for Alabama and Justin Knox scored 10.
Lawal Gani had 23 points to lead Georgia Tech. Aminu Alade scored 21 points, Iman Shumpert had 12 and Lewis Clinch added 10 for the Yellow Jackets.
- More terrifying Big Blue Madness video
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case