Gay’s 15 points leads San Diego St. past Air Force
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP)—D.J. Gay’s 15 points led San Diego State past Air Force 61-44 Saturday night in their Mountain West Conference opener.
Gay sank a pair of 3-pointers to spark a 9-0 run that broke open a 36-36 tie midway through the second half.
After that, the Aztecs (11-3) used a stifling defense that limited the Falcons (9-5) to just one field goal over the final 8:16.
Reserve Lorrenzo Wade had 12 points and 11 boards for the Aztecs, and Tim Shelton added 8 points and 11 boards.
Matt Holland was the only Falcons player in double digits with 17 points. Grant Parker added 9 for Air Force, which fell to 6-23 in conference openers, including 4-6 in the Mountain West.
- Gay's 15 points leads San Diego St. past Air Force
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark