Johnson scores 21 as Dayton beats Toledo, 77-63
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Marcus Johnson scored 21 points, including several key 3-pointers, as Dayton went ahead late in the first half and hung on to beat Toledo 77-63 Friday night.
Charles Little’s dunk put the Flyers (13-1) ahead 45-30 early in the second, but Toledo (2-11) narrowed it with 13:35 left when Justin Anyijong hit a 3-pointer to cut Dayton’s lead to 47-42.
Johnson responded with back-to-back 3-pointers to give the Flyers another comfortable margin, and then made a layup and another 3-pointer at about the eight minute mark to stave off another Toledo threat and put Dayton ahead 60-49.
The Rockets could only get within nine the rest of the way.
Rob Lowery scored 13 points, London Warren had 11 and Little added eight for the Flyers.
Jonathan Amos scored 23 points, Anyijong had 16 and Tyrone Kent 12 for Toledo. Anyijong added 12 rebounds.
- Johnson scores 21 as Dayton beats Toledo, 77-63
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four