Oral Roberts grabs 82-59 win over Centenary
TULSA, Okla. (AP)—Kevin Ford had 14 points and 12 rebounds to lead Oral Roberts past Centenary 82-59 Friday night.
Marcus Lewis added 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Golden Eagles (4-11, 2-1 Summit League), who were playing only their third home game of the season. Nick Stallings paced the Gents (2-13, 0-3) with 16 points, including 4-of-7 on treys.
Ford, a 6-foot-9 junior transfer who became eligible three weeks ago, helped lead a Golden Eagles’ defensive effort that limited Centenary to 29 percent shooting from the field (18-of-62). ORU shot 48 percent (29-of-60) as it extended Centenary’s losing streak to eight.
Ford scored four points in the opening minute of the second half to stretch ORU’s lead to 43-19. Centenary cut its deficit to 53-40 with 10:36 left, but ORU’s Dominique Morrison scored off a rebound on a missed free throw and the Gents could not get closer than 14 points again.
ORU’s 79-55 lead with 50 seconds remaining matched its largest margin of the game.
- Michael Jordan's son quits Illinois basketball team
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims