St. Peter’s 54, Marist 60
POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. (AP)—Kaylen Gregory scored a career-high 15 points Friday as Marist beat St. Peter’s 60-54 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play.
Ryan Schneider contributed 15 points and six rebounds for Marist (6-9, 2-1 MAAC), and David Devezin dished out eight assists in his first start since a mid-December heel injury.
Trailing 34-19 at the intermission, the Peacocks started the second half on a 12-1 run to cut the lead to single-digits. Marist responded with a 10-2 run of its own to extend its cushion back to a comfortable margin.
St. Peter’s (4-9, 1-2) couldn’t capitalize on the Red Foxes’ foul trouble. The Peacocks spent almost half the game in the bonus but only made half as many free throws (11) as Marist.
Wesley Jenkins had a game-high 16 points for St. Peter’s, and Ryan Bacon led all players with 10 rebounds to go with eight points.
- St. Peter's 54, Marist 60
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark