Holy Cross defeats Boston U 68-49
BOSTON (AP)—Andrew Beinert scored a career-high 18 points to lead Holy Cross to its first road victory this season, a 68-49 rout of Boston University on Friday night.
Andrew Keister added career highs of 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Crusaders (5-9, 1-6 on the road). Holy Cross led wire-to-wire and broke the game open with a 16-2 run early in the second half to hand BU (5-7) its fourth straight loss.
The Crusaders beat the Terriers for the sixth straight time and lead the series, 50-12. BU suffered its eighth straight regular season loss at Agganis Arena.
Beinert, entering the game 14-for-35 from 3-point range, was 4-for-5 Friday night. Colin Cunningham added 13 points and R.J. Evans 12 for the Crusaders.
Jake O?Brien led BU with 16 points. Scoring leader Corey Lowe had a season-low 4 points and was ejected in the second half for his second technical foul.
- Central Connecticut St. beats Albany (NY) 70-68
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals