Siena beats Fairfield 87-81
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Edwin Ubiles had 22 points and 11 rebounds to lead Siena to an 87-81 win over Fairfield and sole possession of first place in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
Ronald Moore added a career-high 20 points as the Saints, now 9-4 overall and 3-0 in the MAAC, notched their fourth victory in a row and 10th consecutive win at home. Kenny Hasbrouck chipped in 17 points and Alex Franklin had 15.
Jonathan Han led Fairfield with 22 points and seven assists. Greg Nero had 21 points and 12 rebounds, and Anthony Johnson scored 12.
Siena led 45-40 at the end of a first half that saw six ties and eight lead changes.
Fairfield falls to 8-5, 2-1 in the league.
- Gardner Webb defeats Western Carolina 96-90
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs