Hudson scores 41, Tenn-Martin tops UCA 84-65
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Tennessee-Martin’s Lester Hudson scored a career-high 41 points Wednesday as the Skyhawks beat Central Arkansas 84-65.
Hudson hit five 3-pointers, 8 of 9 from the free-throw line and pulled down a team-high 10 rebounds.
UCA (6-5) trailed 36-26 at halftime after shooting only 33.3 percent from the field. The Bears then kept the deficit in the 10-point range for the early part of the second half, even pulling within six, 55-49, with 10:44 left to play.
But Hudson killed UCA’s momentum with a long 3-pointer followed by a jumper. Rueben Clayton nailed another three for UTM (7-5) to get the Skyhawks’ lead back to 14. UCA never got closer than 11 points the rest of the way.
Marcus Pillow led UCA with 22 points, while Mike Pouncy, Mitch Rueter and Chris Brown scored 11 points each.
Hudson was the only UTM player in double figures in either scoring or rebounding.
- Hudson scores 41, Tenn-Martin tops UCA 84-65
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0