Gardner-Webb defeats Anderson, S.C. 86-83
BOILING SPRINGS, N.C. (AP)—Aaron Linn scored 31 points and Gardner-Webb held off Anderson, S.C., for an 86-83 win on Wednesday night.
Anderson (3-6) brought the deficit to 84-83 with 10 seconds to play on a Brandon Young 3-pointer, but Gardner-Webb (6-7) hit two free throws one second later to bring the score to 86-83. Gardner-Webb’s Jonathan Moore than stole the ball from Young with 4 seconds left, sealing the Runnin’ Bulldogs’ third straight win.
Grayson Flittner added 17 points for Gardner-Webb and Auryn MacMillan had seven blocks.
Stephen Cobb hit a 3-pointer to give Anderson its first lead at 51-48 with 12:40 to go in the game. The Runnin’ Bulldogs reclaimed the lead for good on a layup by MacMillan with 7:48 to play for a 62-61 advantage.
The Trojans were led by Cobb with 27 points and Young with 22.
- Smith leads Stetson to 68-60 victory over Longwood
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78