Utah St. defeats Wyoming 90-85 in OT
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Jared Quayle scored 24 points, including four free throws in the final 35 seconds of overtime, to put Utah State past Wyoming 90-85 Wednesday night.
He also grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds for the Aggies (12-1), who were playing at home for the championship of the four-team Duel in the Desert holiday tournament.
Utah State took a 36-31 halftime lead and were ahead by as many as 10 points before the Cowboys (11-3) went on a 13-2 run. Wyoming took its first lead of the second half, 55-54, on a Sean Ogirri 3-pointer with 9:50 remaining.
The teams traded leads or were tied 12 times before Wyoming’s Brandon Ewing hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to send the game into overtime, tied at 76.
Tyson Johnson led Wyoming with 24 points, while Ewing had 20 points and Ogirri finished with 15.
Gary Wilkinson had 19 points for Utah State, Tai Wesley finished with 18 and Tyler Newbold scored 15.
- Utah St. defeats Wyoming 90-85 in OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four