Middle Tennessee beats North Texas 89-80 in OT
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Desmond Yates scored 25 points and Demetrius Green scored half of his 10 points in overtime to lead Middle Tennessee to an 89-80 win over North Texas on Wednesday.
North Texas led by as many as 11 before Middle Tennessee used a 21-8 run to take a 72-70 lead with 1:12 left in regulation. Eric Tramiel hit a layup for North Texas with 11 seconds to tie the game at 72-72.
Middle Tennessee (8-5, 2-0 Sun Belt) outscored North Texas 17-8 in overtime.
Collin Mangrum and Tristan Thompson led North Texas (8-5, 1-2) with 19 points each. Tramiel added 13.
Kevin Kanaskie had 19 points for Middle Tennessee. Calvin O’Neil also had 10.
- Middle Tennessee beats North Texas 89-80 in OT
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four