Akron defeats UNC-Greensboro 75-53
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Nate Linhart and Anthony Hitchens scored 13 points apiece in Akron’s 75-53 win over North Carolina-Greensboro on Wednesday.
The win was No. 100 for fifth-year coach Keith Dambrot.
Linhart also had a career-high five steals and Hitchens led all players with five assists.
Akron (8-4) led by as many as 16 points in a first half, as it scored 13 points off of 10 Spartans’ (1-9) turnovers in the period.
The Zips led by 20 twice in the second half, before Nikola Cvetinovic scored a layup with 1:04 to play to bring the score to 75-53 for the game’s largest margin.
Steve McNees scored 12 points and Darryl Roberts added 10 for Akron.
UNC-Greensboro was led by Ben Stywall with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
Akron made 11 of 24 from 3-point range and converted 80 percent (12 of 15) of its free throws.
- Old Dominion knocks off Va. Commonwealth 69-65
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes