Stinnett scores 22 to pace 79-61 Creighton win
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP)—P’Allen Stinnett scored 22 points and Booker Woodfox added 17 as Creighton held off Indiana State in a 79-61 victory Wednesday in the Missouri Valley Conference.
Harry Marshall led Indiana State (3-10, 1-1 MVC) with 15 points while Rashad Reed had 11 points for the Sycamores.
Creighton (12-2, 2-0) led throughout the first half, enjoying up to a 14-point edge before ending the half with a 40-29 advantage.
The Sycamores outscored the Bluejays 13-6 in the first four minutes of the second half to come within four points, 46-42. But in the remaining nine minutes, Creighton outscored Indiana State 20-12 to seal the Bluejays’ win.
Creighton shot 48 percent from field-goal range for the game while the Sycamores managed just 32 percent. Creighton was also 9-for-9 from the free-throw line.
- Jimmer Fredette’s awesome Sports Illustrated cover
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals