Illinois St. downs Evansville 80-30
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Osiris Eldridge had 22 points, including four 3-pointers, to keep Illinois State undefeated and lead the Redbirds to an 80-50 romp over Evansville on Wednesday.
Champ Oguchi had 15 points and Emmanuel Holloway had 12 points for Illinois State (13-0, 2-0).
Evansville (9-3, 1-1) suffered from 21 turnovers, which Illinois State turned into 27 points. Shy Ely led Evansville with 19 points, nine of them from the foul line.
Illinois State led 48-22 at halftime and led by as many as 33 points in the second period.
Evansville shot 35.4 percent from the field for the game, while Illinois State put up 46.8 percent.
Dinma Odiakosa had a game-high 13 points for Illinois State. The Redbirds earned 19 points from their bench. The Redbirds had more rebounds, assists and steals than Evansville.
- Illinois St. downs Evansville 80-30
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel