Cox paces Drake over Missouri St. 67-49
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP)—Senior forward Jonathan Cox scored 23 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Drake past Missouri State 67-49 on Wednesday.
Guard Josh Young added 16 points for the Bulldogs (10-4, 1-1 Missouri Valley).
Bouncing back from a 76-65 loss to Evansville on Sunday, the Bulldogs closed the first half on a 25-10 run and cruised to their first Valley win.
Drake held the Bears (7-6, 0-2) to just 38.3 percent shooting from the floor and a season low for points. It also marked the fewest points Drake had allowed in a Valley regular-season game since a 45-41 home win against Illinois State in 2006.
Freshman Kyle Weems led Missouri State with 13 points and nine rebounds. Senior forward Wade Knapp added 11 points and seven rebounds.
- Cox paces Drake over Missouri St. 67-49
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?