Cornell beats Quinnipiac 73-70
ITHACA, N.Y. (AP)—Ryan Wittman scored 25 points and grabbed three rebounds as Cornell overcame an early deficit to beat Quinnipiac 73-70 on Wednesday.
Dale Lewis added 23 points for Cornell (7-6), while Jeff Foote chipped in nine points and grabbed five rebounds. The Big Red shot 52.9 percent overall and made 13 of 17 free throws.
James Feldeine led the Bobcats (6-6) with 18 points. Louis Brookins added 13 points for Quinnipiac and grabbed nine rebounds. James Johnson scored 12 points.
The Bobcats shot 45.8 percent from the floor and scored on 14 of 19 free throws.
Cornell’s defense started out slow and Quinnipiac opened up a 12-point early in the first half.
- Experts picks
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims