Cornell beats Quinnipiac 73-70
ITHACA, N.Y. (AP)—Ryan Wittman scored 25 points and grabbed three rebounds as Cornell overcame an early deficit to beat Quinnipiac 73-70 on Wednesday.
Dale Lewis added 23 points for Cornell (7-6), while Jeff Foote chipped in nine points and grabbed five rebounds. The Big Red shot 52.9 percent overall and made 13 of 17 free throws.
James Feldeine led the Bobcats (6-6) with 18 points. Louis Brookins added 13 points for Quinnipiac and grabbed nine rebounds. James Johnson scored 12 points.
The Bobcats shot 45.8 percent from the floor and scored on 14 of 19 free throws.
Cornell’s defense started out slow and Quinnipiac opened up a 12-point early in the first half.
- Someone gave Jerry Tarkanian a blog. Uh oh.
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four