UALR, led by Edwards, Fowler, tops ULM 95-87 in OT
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—John Fowler and Shane Edwards scored 22 points each Wednesday night to lead Arkansas-Little Rock over Louisiana-Monroe 95-87, but it took an overtime period for the Trojans to get the win.
Fowler also grabbed nine rebounds for UALR (9-4, 2-0 Sun Belt Conference). Steven Moore contributed another 20 points.
The Trojans led 45-35 at the half, but ULM (4-9, 1-2) fought back to get a tie at 79 each as time expired.
Two players scored 20 points apiece for the Warhawks—Thomas Malcolm and Dynile Forbes, while two more, Rudy Turner and Kenneth Averette, scored 14 points each. Turner also got 11 rebounds, and Averette dished out nine assists. Lawrence Gilbert added 12 points for the visitors.
- That's Tom Crean in the spotlight, losing his religion
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges